Friday, March 15, 2019

Reflections

Related image

I think it's important to dedicate time to reflect on the week, not to dwell but to run through positive situations that inspire you and improve on those that doesn't. Growth doesn't end. 

I am very grateful for people who have come along this journey and believed in me, who continue to walk beside and witness my growth. It tears me periodically when I think about it because it touches my heart a lot a lot... when I try to recall how you (all) started and have progressed to be on your own. I feel like even if your job took you to other places, or if you have to relocate, or if you wish to find other activities to complement your fitness training, you know how to keep yourself safe from injuries. To me, that is success- to share with you what I have learnt from my teachers that would benefit you individually in your pursuits. 

I wish I could say I am no longer affected by comments out there. But it's real- I'm only just human. But I shall keep peace in my heart. Because I know very well what keeps the fire in my heart burning, it's being true to my work and seeing the fruit of it. You won't understand that excitement when you see nice spinal articulation or when your client gets an "aha moment" unless you're in the same shoes. 

Sometimes I feel the younger girl in me dives out when I get too excited and nerdy about the things I discover while attending courses, meeting great teachers or even practicing in my own body. I wish for you, at some point, to be able to take charge of your own bodies, be excited about movement and not too fixed on weaknesses. 

The body is the best gift from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment