Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Boulder Beckons...

In my quest to be a better teacher to my charges, I value the opportunity to learn from the greater teachers to deepen my understanding and practice. It was just timely (all in His time and plans) that I met Pat at the Asia Pilates Summit earlier this year.

I would've said "I wish I had met her earlier..." but I think my steeper learning curve was mapped out the past few years when I had a clearer vision of what I wanted out of my career. I didn't want to be an ordinary teacher who teaches exercises, but mindful movements that translate to daily functionality.

So here I am in Boulder.. pursuing that calling when I first met her. That deep sense of conviction I see in her eyes when I met her again today, nudged my heart. It honestly feels different when you dedicate time to be mentored, to learn, to take yourself out of the picture momentarily because you need it. Sometimes we really don't give ourselves enough time to digest and embody our own teachings...

We need that. 
"Now you are my student," she cooed. 
The more I learn, the more I unlearn. The more I seek, the more I forget... 

I like how she's gentle yet firm; open yet convicted; guides you into understanding. Three weeks have barely begun, but I already have the feeling I wish I had more time...

What's more! The mountains are calling too...

No comments:

Post a Comment