Saturday, June 29, 2019

Thoughts

"...all Pilates teachers should find someone excellent to watch over and guide their own Pilates practice. This can be pivotal to the development of oneself and one’s teaching." 
~ Mary Bowen (Source: Pilates Anytime)

I couldn't agree more. I remember when I met Mary Bowen in her specialized "Pilates Plus Psyche" workshop organized in Singapore, I was the youngest in the room at the age of 27 (she guessed so too.) I was in the midst of finding myself, discovering the route that was ahead of me. I honestly hadn't imagined (or planned for) this journey, having graduated in a degree in Chemistry. 

"Don't fear because of your youth." She said, as we went through our individual personality types. "Don't be too hard on yourself if things don't work out the way you want them." 

7 years isn't too long at all. I've just passed the infant stage of my career. 

I'm grateful to have met Pat whom I look up as a teacher mentor, very fortunate to have her guide me and help me understand the true essence of Pilates- so many different schools, so many different styles... I'm still trying to find my style. It's always good to get understanding sorted, and simplified. I think I tend to complicate things...

The past week has been an opportunity to learn, and unlearn things. I can't imagine what else will unfold as we spend more time together.. So what is Pilates? How/what have we been taught, and how/what have we been teaching?

I am surely more inspired to understand better. Time really is in its essence. 
Who needs more time? ✋

No comments:

Post a Comment