Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Hello friend :)

Today is probably the most heartwarming day I've had in months. It couldn't have been any brighter. 

J-May whom I used to train in the first studio I worked in 2013 contacted me, hoping to get back on track and also to do Pilates. Its been eons since we last met, although we've pretty much been in the loop on each others' FB/IG. She brought a friend along and they both enjoyed it. 🙌🙌

Firstly, my heart beamed because meeting her again after such a long time felt like meeting a long lost friend. It gave a sense of 'homecoming'. 😊 Undescribeable.

It's also interesting (to realize that) we've come to a point in our lives we meet at the same level - a teacher-student consensus that "I'm here to do something for myself" and "I really need to build my core strength". We weren't when we both were younger. Honestly. That being said, after all these years, I'm really happy that she acknowledges that Pilates is indeed fundamentally essential and complementary to the other fitness programs she chose to take on. And even more grateful that she thought about me. 💖

Lastly, she understood that Pilates is NOT JUST ANOTHER FORM OF EXERCISE, but when done intuitively with control can also be a workout. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! "OMG, I'm sweating without having to do cardio," she told her friend. And I told her, "Pilates works into the body, not out of it." And they both concurred.

Teaching her today vs then, I have to say, gave me much more joy. I think it took a cycle for both of us to understand, practice, and purposefully execute to embody the benefits of Pilates.

It's a journey. And I'm grateful to be part of it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment